Thursday, 30 April 2009
Thursday, 23 April 2009
8 things I look forward to:
1. Having Children
2. Getting Married
3. Buying my first property
4. Travelling the world
5. Visiting restaurants ;)
6. My next back massage
7. Receiving something I have ordered from ASOS
8. Catching up with old friends
8 things I did yesterday:
1. Went to work
2. Ate ribs and wedges prepared by my boyfriend
3. Wore sunglasses
4. Drank 2 Capri Sun Orange
5. Played Cluedo (I am a master detective!!)
6. Ate a banana and a kiwi
7. Took the bus
8. Fell asleep listening to Kanye West's album
8 things I wish I could do:
1. Drive!! Well I can drive but I need to pass my test lol it's getting rather ridiculous now
2. Speak another language fluently... although my French is improving due to summer tripes to the South of France
3. Dance Ballroom and Latin. I am going to learn!
4. Eradicate world poverty
5. Play the Piano like Sakamoto Ryuichi
6. Go on a holiday whenever I wanted
7. See a sunset in every country
8. Be a food critic! Best job in the world!
8 shows I watch:
2. The Apprentice
3. Gossip Girl
4. Match of the day
5. The Wire (Just started thanks to Broadband )
6. Desperate Housewives
7. Master Chef
Monday, 20 April 2009
The ones I used to receive (and on occasion send) had yes or no boxes that you had to tick but it's the same idea lol! Simple yet highly effective. Ahhhhh the good old days...
To anyone who never received one of these back in the day, this one's for you!
This song is by one of my favourite artists and 'lovely ladies' Alicia Keys, not only do I love the song but I love the feeling behind it. It reminds me of young crushes and first time loves...remember when your stomach would flip upon seeing a certain someone? Remember the butterflies...? Enjoy!
Friday, 10 April 2009
Freud's model of the mind has often been represented by an iceberg metaphor with the conscious being the tip of the iceberg the only part that it is visible whilst the majority of the iceberg lies beneath water and is unseen (the preconscious and unconscious).
I'm not saying that I believe everything Freud ever said (because believe me he had some quite far fetched ideas!), however I do believe he may have been onto something when he explained the link between our dreams and our unconscious feelings and desires. Many a time I have dreamt about something and only after having that dream have I realised there is someting I really want, really need to do or some unresolved issue I need to resolve. That's not to say I have to dream to think about certain aspects of my life logically but obviously our conscious thought is immensely influenced by social stipulations including moral and social norms so the mind is not as free to think about things as we would wish, sometimes we may push thoughts away as we feel that they would not be deemed to be socially acceptable. When we dream however, the mind is free from such stipulations and thoughts can flow in as they wish.
What do you think? Is there some meaning within our dreams? Or are they just a load of random images and scenes our mind creates whilst we sleep?