Tuesday 31 March 2009

Bikini Trends 2009

The season we all love (to hate!) is nearly upon us...Bikini season!! So wherever you'll be sunning yourself this year make sure your bikini is as hot as the weather with these 3 trends for summer 2009!

Just like last year the cut away swimsuit (monokini) is a big trend for 2009 although this year they have vamped it up with some even more racy and intricate designs. Personally I love cut away swimsuits but it always surprises me that they manage to look more scandalous than a traditional 2 piece bikini when you are actually wearing more! An optical illusion maybe?

The one shouldered theme of autumn and winter is set to continue so expect one shouldered bikini's and monokinis to be a big hit on the beach this summer. I like this look as I think it adds a funky edge to the typical bikini, not too sure if I'll be participating in this trend yet though as I'm not too sure just how much support just one strap will offer!! This may just be a trend better suited to the smaller busted ladies ;)

Animal print bikini's are set to be big again this season and I am definitely not complaining! I love bright colours and interesting patterns so I find that animal print just makes a hot bikini all the more eye-catching. I love the one below!

Leopard Print Bikini- Top £13.75 Bottoms £13.75 available at http://www.asos.com/

So these are 3 bikini trends set to hit the shops this summer, but of course as usual there will be absolutely loads of bikini's to choose from and something to suit everyone so get shopping! And top tip check out Primark in Marble Arch they've got loads of designs to choose from for as little as £6...bargain!

No comments:

Post a Comment